Thursday, January 12, 2012

A ministry of edification; A goal of glorification

In the past I have attempted to write blogs and have failed for two reasons.

1. I didn't like writing on them. Not so much that I don't like writing, but I didn't enjoy it. Why? Because my motive for writing was shallow. A shallow motive for writing lead me to a disinterest in the blog and probably the same is true for the readers.

2. I ran out of things to write about. I used to write blogs about me... my life, my thoughts and the like. As much as we all love to talk about ourselves... yeah, not good.

I intend on writing this blog with a motivation of seeing CHRIST exalted in the hearts of men, and also for the edification of His bride, the church of true believers. I also intend on writing this blog about God (and all things related). My goal is not to impress people with lofty writing skills or talking about myself, but simply to humbly to share what God has shown me, and to share whatever I come across that I find profitable for faith. He is an infinite, eternal God and I would hope that in my pursuit of knowing Him I should not quickly run out of things to say.

I hope that whoever reads this blog will be encouraged. To Christ be glory.  †


No comments:

Post a Comment